WELCOME

Welcome to my Blog. Check back for new blog posts regarding nutrition, food, and fitness. You can also access my blog posts, daily nutrition tips and recipe ideas from my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/healthyyounutrition and don't forget to "like" us!

Interested in a healthy lifestyle change but don't know where to start? Check out the NUTRITION SERVICES tab for the motivation and support you need to start living life as a healthier you!

Health and Happiness,


Stephanie : 0 )








Sunday, January 11, 2015

Hi friends

Happy New Year! I am ready to get a healthy start to 2015! Are you?  If so, ready below…..

For those of you who know me well or follow me on social media, you know that I love everything food, nutrition and the Steelers of course! But seriously I love learning about nutrition and I love teaching it to others. I am so happy I finally found a job that I love where I spend my days helping people of all ages manage their health conditions with dietary guidance and advice.

Another area of health that I am passionate in is fitness. The truth is our health relies on us taking care of ourselves and one of the worst things we can do is be sedentary. With my new job I now commute one hour to and from work each day and for most of the day I am sitting at my desk unless I am teaching a class where I can stand and move a little bit for an hour and a half but otherwise I spend a majority of my days sedentary. I try to fit in a workout each and every day because of this. But just like so many of you out there I find this to be challenging with how busy my life is. Since Thanksgiving fitness has not been one of my top priorities. The past few winters have been tough on my immune system. I haven’t been feeling well over the past few months and so my fitness has suffered. Well the holidays are over and I am finally starting to feel better and I am ready to get back on track and get out of this sedentary rut. For me being active is one of the most amazing things I can do for not only my body but also for my mind. I am so much happier when I am active on a regular basis.

So to strengthen my passion for health and fitness I decided to become a Beachbody coach so I can help others get motivated to become more active too. I love being a dietitian but I enjoy being a health coach to friends on social media and through my personal business Healthy You Nutrition. I figured I could join Beachbody to help those who may be in a sedentary rut find a workout program that fits their style and is something they can do from home. I have been purchasing workout videos for the past 15+ years and I love the convenience of doing them right from my family room. Beachbody has so many awesome programs to choose from.

Back in college I did Power 90 the precursor to the more current program P90X.  Currently at the gym I am loving the Body Pump classes. Well Beachbody sells body pump and body combat for those that don’t belong to a gym and want to get in on all that Les Mills action! Currently I own the programs Piyo and T25. I love these programs! Piyo is awesome because it combines two of my favorite types of fitness, pilates and yoga. T25 is great because they are quick 25 minute workouts that I can fit in on days when I just think I don’t have the time to spend 60 minutes at the gym.


So to start off the New Year I am hoping to fit in some sort of fitness each day, even if it is just a 20 minute walk during my lunch break. But what I’d like to do is to invite you to join me on a fitness challenge. It doesn’t have to be Beachbody specific, but if you are interested in trying out one of their programs please let me know. What I’d like to do is start a group here on Facebook where those interested can post daily what they did to be active, whether it’s a 10 minute walk, a 90 minute hot yoga class or a killer cross fit workout.  I need the accountability myself and from my experience as a dietitian I know that many others need accountability as well. So if you are interested in joining an accountability fitness Facebook group just LIKE this post, comment or personal message me. I’d like to get this started next week! I will personally post on the page every day with what I did to be active. I will also offer nutrition tips and healthy meal and snack ideas that I might be trying to accompany my healthy lifestyle. So if you are ready to get moving in 2015 then let’s go and LIKE below! Peace, love, health and happiness! ~ Stephanie : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment