WELCOME

Welcome to my Blog. Check back for new blog posts regarding nutrition, food, and fitness. You can also access my blog posts, daily nutrition tips and recipe ideas from my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/healthyyounutrition and don't forget to "like" us!

Interested in a healthy lifestyle change but don't know where to start? Check out the NUTRITION SERVICES tab for the motivation and support you need to start living life as a healthier you!

Health and Happiness,


Stephanie : 0 )








Monday, January 23, 2012

Care to Count Calories??


Counting calories seems to be a popular trend among dieters.  Today it is a lot easier to count calories with smart phones and various sites on the Internet.  Some people also use these sites to track their macro and micronutrient intake such as fat, protein, fiber, vitamin C and calcium.  Whether you choose to or not, I thought I'd share with you some of my favorite calorie counting programs.  It is Monday after all and doesn't everyone say they are going to be good "Starting Monday!"  Well if you are interested in seeing where you stand in your caloric intake, check out one of the websites below.  You will probably be surprised at how many calories are in some of your favorite foods. 

The one I use (when I am counting calories) is My Fitness Pal.  There is a link on the main page of this Blog that will take you directly to their website.  It is so easy to use and there are so many foods in their database.  Foods from grocery stores, restaurants, and more!  My favorite part about My Fitness Pal is that I can use the app from my Iphone to scan bar codes of the foods I am eating and they will be transferred to the log in my phone as well as the log online.  If you are interested in losing weight, you can even set a calorie limit and track calories burned through exercise.  My Fitness Pal will adjust your food intake so you can eat more since you burned calories through exercise. 

Other good food log programs include: My Fat Secret.com, Spark People.com, Fit Day.com, Calorie King.com, Livestrong.com.  Those are some of the ones I have checked out and all of them can also be used as apps on your smart phone.  You can also find links to these sites on the main page of my Blog.  Many of these sites also offer other healthful information such as recipes.  So check on out if you are interested.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment