WELCOME

Welcome to my Blog. Check back for new blog posts regarding nutrition, food, and fitness. You can also access my blog posts, daily nutrition tips and recipe ideas from my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/healthyyounutrition and don't forget to "like" us!

Interested in a healthy lifestyle change but don't know where to start? Check out the NUTRITION SERVICES tab for the motivation and support you need to start living life as a healthier you!

Health and Happiness,


Stephanie : 0 )








Sunday, January 5, 2014

Vegan Challenge Round 2

So I last did a vegan challenge in September 2012 and now I am back and am going to try to keep this going as long as I can. I don't just want to eat vegan foods, I want to eat foods that make me feel great. So I am going to try to limit foods that are vegan and can still be bad for you such as potato chips, vegan desserts and processed foods and Oreos, yes I said Oreos!!! They are vegan, go figure. This time around I am also doing a gluten free diet because my recent experiences with a gluten free diet has provided me with much digestive relief, enough said....so here I just thought I would post some of the meals I am having in case you are interested in adding more plant-based foods to your diet!  Also I plan to still eat honey. I like honey mustard dressing and honey in my tea sometimes. Enjoy : ) 

Start with a grocery list


Cookbook to try - All Vegan Recipes


One of my favorite snack bars - few ingredients!


Fill your cart! Buy organic!


Quick lunch, nothing to prepare, just remove from package and enjoy!


One of my favorite snacks of all time - apple with almond butter


Trying to drink less coffee and more tea!


Top left pic is of an all fruit smoothie - frozen pineapple, peaches, blueberries, cherries and acai juice


Easiest salad ever - mixed greens topped with a veggie patty and honey mustard


It's Easy Being Green Smoothie (from Vitamix cookbook) - 1 cup grapes, medium orange, 1/2 cup frozen or fresh pineapple chunks, medium banana (peeled), 1 carrot, 2 cups baby spinach, medium apple, ice





Snack time - I love mixed nuts!


I try to avoid artificial sweeteners but I was at the mall and very thirsty and this was my only option, at least it was sweetened less than 1% with stevia


Those stuffed grape leaves up close and personal


Tea time


Recipe from that Vegan Diabetes cookbook 


All mixed together: zucchini mushroom alfredo








Big salads are my favorite. I pretty much eat these everyday for lunch at work - using the mason jar method. This salad has romaine, spinach, mixed greens, carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, avocado, Craisins, sprouted sunflower and pumpkin seeds, chia seeds and balsamic vinaigrette with left over vegan alfredo on brown rice pasta. 


The start of a very interesting LIME flavored soup



This soup was very good but the lime flavor was extra strong. I think because I used the Late July lime flavored tortilla chips and the recipe called for 1/2 lime peeled, not just the lime juice. I liked it but it was lime heavy. Next time I'd add whole black beans and cilantro to my garnishments of avocado, tortilla chips and raw red onion.


How I curb my sweet tooth.



1 comment:

  1. Awesome! So happy to read your posts again in the new year! These are so helpful!

    ReplyDelete