WELCOME

Welcome to my Blog. Check back for new blog posts regarding nutrition, food, and fitness. You can also access my blog posts, daily nutrition tips and recipe ideas from my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/healthyyounutrition and don't forget to "like" us!

Interested in a healthy lifestyle change but don't know where to start? Check out the NUTRITION SERVICES tab for the motivation and support you need to start living life as a healthier you!

Health and Happiness,


Stephanie : 0 )








Saturday, March 10, 2012

Weekend Trip


I'm heading to Monterey for the weekend so I won't be posting a blog tomorrow unless I get back at a decent time.  So I thought I'd just share my thoughts on how I am going to try and stay healthy on my mini vacation.

  • Watch serving sizes and portions - maybe share a dish
  • Avoid saturated fat - opt for olive oil instead of butter for my bread
  • Fill up on fruits and vegetables
  • Eat less salt and added sugars - skip dessert? or maybe just share one : )
  • Enjoy fresh seafood - protein and omega-3s
  • Choose whole grains
  • Stay active - do some sightseeing, go for a hike, a walk on the beach or visit the hotel gym
  • Enjoy red wine instead of beer and sugary liquor drinks
  • Drink plenty of water
  • Get good sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment